The following rules governs reddthat.com and all communities hosted on reddthat
We are a NSFW enabled instance, which means there may be NSFW content in the
All categories if you leave NSFW enabled in your account. If you do not wish to view NSFW content you are still welcome here but make sure you toggle off
Show NSFW content under your Settings
Another option is to select “Block Community” from the sidebar, when on the specific community. Once you have done that you will never see it again!
Our Instance Rules
- General Code of Conduct
- Any NSFW post must be tagged as NSFW. Failure to do so will be given one warning only
- Anything that you wouldn’t want your boss or coworkers to see, needs to be tagged NSFW
- NSFW also acts as “Content Warning” outside of the specific NSFW communities
- Remember the human! (no harassment, threats, etc.)
- No racism or other discrimination
- No endorsement of hate speech
- No self-advertisements or spam
- No link-spamming
- Recommended 5 links per community per day unless noted in Community Rules
- No content against Australian Law
Any posts or comments that are in breach of these rules will be dealt with, and remediation will occur. Whether that be a warning, temporary ban, or permanent ban.
(TLDR) The crux of it boils down to:
- Remember that we are all humans
- Don’t be overtly aggressive towards anyone
- Try and share ideas, thoughts and criticisms in a constructive way
- Tag any NSFW posts as such
We agree with the Code of Conduct for Moderation and will due our best to uphold it.
Lemmy provides the Moderation Log for everyone to see as well. This is a federated log where actions taken by other moderators and other instance admins are shown. As such the posts that exist in the log come with a content warning
You can see the modlog in the bottom of the sidebar. Here is the link if you wish to see it.
As both links above reference a domain outside of our control (join-lemmy). Here is the git commit and the wayback link:
If you take issue with these rules, or think a rule should be modified, please add a comment on this post with answers to the following as well as any extra information you can think of:
- What rule would you like to change?
- Why you would like to change it?
- What are the benefits to this rule change?
- Have there been any issues and can you reference them?
Thank you for your continued support.
2023-08-19 - Changed Maximum Links posted in community from 2 to 5 per day. 2023-06-13 - Added "Ground Rules" section, Added Feedback section, `Instance Rules` -> `Our Instance Rules`. 2023-06-11 - Post Creation